If you are using Postman to test the Provider Directory API, use the following steps:
- Launch Postman and open a new tab.
- Select the POST method and enter the following Auth URL:
- Click Authorization and select type OAuth 2.0.
- Enter the following parameters in the Authorization section:
- Token Name: This is your application name
- Grant Type: Client Credentials
- Access Token URL: https://api.geisinger.org/oauth/v1/token
- Client ID: This is the Client ID for your registered application. You can obtain the Client ID for your application from the My Applications page
- Client Secret: This is the Client Secret that was assigned to your application. You can obtain the Client Secret for your application from the My Applications page.
- Scope: Scope provides the beneficiary granular choice over what data they would like to share with the application. For e.g. scope=openid profile/*
- Client Authentication: Send as Basic auth header
- Click Get New Access Token.
- On the Postman screen, click Use Token to append access token to your request.
- Click Send.
- You should be able to view the API response with 200 OK status. Here’s a sample response for a GET request:
- Copy the access_token received in the response to test the API products.
- Create a new GET request to test your Provider Directory products and paste the following request URL:
- Replace the resource_name with the Provider Directory resource name.
- Enter the Bearer Token (access_token) you copied in step 9.
- Additionally, you can set the parameters in the Params section before calling any of the Provider Directory endpoints and click Send.
You should be able to view the API response. A sample response is described as follows:
. . . . .
This is only a subset of the entire output